Which TDS meter?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No atc needed. The meters from HM Digital seem sufficient for our use and they are reasonably priced.

Remember, these are comparative references. They are not accurate instruments. They are best used to find if one water sample's TDS differs from another sample. The actual values may not be accurate, but the difference should be fairly valid.

I agree there's no need to get crazy with a TDS meter, I have the inexpensive HM digital and it works fine for what I need, very consistent readings over the couple of years I've used it...

Cheers!

Yes - I would get a meter with ATC, especially if measuring low (~<10 ppm) TDS water
Russ, its a Go/NoGo situation. It doesn't matter a bit if your measurement has high resolution and accuracy when the TDS is low. We only care that the water is in that low range. A TDS meter that lacks ATC is still going to let the user know if the water has high or low TDS.

The most important thing is that a TDS meter is a qualitative measurement and not a quantitative measurement. Don't rely on a meter to provide you with a true and accurate quantification of the dissolved solids in a water sample.

Latest posts

Back