Which Fruit in Saison?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I frequently add pear juice to secondary in my saisons (and I make a LOT of saison). Eight to 16 oz in secondary (5 gallons). If you can taste the fruit, you've used too much. Pear is easy and very effective 'cause it's very subtle. When it's not there, the beer is different but nobody can say what's missing. It's a fantastic complement to the saison flavors and doesn't bring the acidity of berries.
homebrudoc

Do you mean you use pear juice rom the carton? or a puree?

Peach, it's the perfect accompaniment. Smooth, sweet, subtle and compliant with whatever your yeast and grain bill are already bringing. /Close thread.

Hibiscus Saison.jpg

The result! Honey Hibiscus Saison at 4.8%

I am currently brewing a saison with belle saison yeast and it’s chewing within 2 hrs of pitch at 77degrees. I have 6 lbs of deseeded and peeled loquats that I will add in secondary. Just playing around and hoping I get something really good and special but honestly just using up extra ingredients so I can dump if it isn’t good. Fingers crossed 🤞🏻

Back