Which facuet: rototap or Perlick 650SS?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeFallopian

Reaction score
I picked up some rototaps, which have flow control, for my kegerator project a while back. These are the European-style taps with a thin spout: http://www.divinity-systems.com/euro_rotary_beer_faucet_p/4933roto.htm Very common in Belgium.

However, the shanks attached were too short for my fridge door, and it looked as if replacements would not fit this particular tap (good draft equipment is hard to come by in the UK, unless you're in the trade). I had one of those standard non-forward sealing taps lying around so I ordered a Perlick 650SS with flow control and a couple of shanks with the intent to have one standard US tap and a Perlick on my kegerator.

Typically, it turns out that the shanks fit the rototaps! So, I'm looking for advice on which are better: the rototap or the Perlick 650SS? Which give the best pour?

I know that the standard US tap I have is a bit unreliable, in terms of getting stuck, etc. I only have room for two kegs in my fridge, but do different taps suit different beer styles? Would it be worth mounting two rototaps and one Perlick on my fridge?

Thanks in advance!

Latest posts

Back