Which Disco

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

which Disco

• Threaded

• Barbed

Results are only viewable after voting.

dogtailale

Reaction score
Which disconnect do you use?

threaded or barbed

I used a threaded got massive foam
changed to a barbed got beer

all of my fittings use 1/4" flare connections except for the tailpieces that connect to the shanks. all gas lines are 1/4", all beer lines are 3/16". never had any foam problems.

I have both, my kegerator is all 1/4" flare and my portable setup is all barbed.

The reason being I use both pin lock and ball lock kegs, the flare disconnects make switching between them easy on the kegerator. I just use pinlocks and keep my portable setup all put together.

Reason Im asking is because of this post = https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f35/disco-sucks-192166/ I had a threaded on and got foam changed to a barbed and It cleared

Well after a while decided to investigate what wrong with my threaded disco.
Turns out the manufacturer did not drill the line hole 3/16s side all the way into the 27/64s side.
It was so small I could not fit a 1/16th drill bit in it.

Well after a while decided to investigate what wrong with my threaded disco.
Turns out the manufacturer did not drill the line hole 3/16s side all the way into the 27/64s side.
It was so small I could not fit a 1/16th drill bit in it.

That'll do it!

I use 1/4" MFL on everything!

The reason is, I change my mind all the time. I re-arrange stuff, move hoses around. All of the lines in my kegging systems are 1/4" MFL, and 3/16" beer line. Any gas line can serve beer, and any beer line can push gas if I want it to.
It's handy if I need to switch regs and take a CO2 tank and a keg somewhere, or make an "Out to Out" jumper, or...

all of my fittings use 1/4" flare connections except for the tailpieces that connect to the shanks. all gas lines are 1/4", all beer lines are 3/16". never had any foam problems.

I'm the same except that even my shank tailpieces are 1/4" flare. Makes it easy to buid a line at my workbench then install in the keggerator with a few turns of the wrench.

I also put 1/4" tailpieces on a commercial keg coupler so I can swap one in easily.

Latest posts

Back