Which Brew Pot?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fosgate

Reaction score
Trying to decide between kettles. This is my first AG setup, I have a 10gal commercial grade Igloo mash tun, Rubbermaid HLT, and I'm trying to decide the best option for my main boil kettle. Price is not as big of deciding factor as quality. I don't like putting money into stuff that is "good enough for now" only to regret the decision to buy bigger later. On average I will be brewing 5gal batches primarily with an occasional 10.

I was dabating between the Bayou Classic 16 gal brew pot with an KAB6 Burner
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0082X3D06/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

Or a Blickmann 15 or 20 gal pot (probably the 20 since it is just a few bucks more) with just a 1/2 ball valve with 3/8barb and the Blickmann burner with extension legs.

Taking price out of the equation which would you buy due to which advantages?

Last edited by a moderator:
I would like to suggest taking a look at our kettles. If you're looking for something that will last a lifetime without leaking issues you can't get any better than welded couplers.

-Ben

I wound up pulling the trigger on a 15gal Blichmann and burner from AHB last night. At $30 more for the 20gal it is a bargain in cost difference but overkill for 5 gallon batches.

Latest posts

Back