Which beer shank for keezer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tealsmoke

Reaction score
Hi all,
I'm in the process of gathering all my equipment to start brewing and wanted to get the keezer done first. I'm going to go with nukatap facets and use the eva barrier tubing with duotight fittings.
I will be putting a 2x6 collar on and was wondering which SS shank to use for the nukataps and duotight fittings. Also is there any advantage as far of the length of the shank say 3 versus 4 inch.
As you can tell I'm pretty green but just want to make sure to get the right one so I can order everything at the same time.
Thanks.

Also is there any advantage as far of the length of the shank say 3 versus 4 inch.

Shorter shanks (assuming they are long enough to clear everything they need to) are better if interior keezer space is tight, i.e. they make it easier (or even possible) to get kegs in and out. Longer shanks are better thermally, i.e. they can help avoid the dreaded first pour foam. But the difference between a 3" and 4" shank might not be very noticeable.

Thanks for the replies, I found some where the rear barb will screw off if I decide to use it later.

Back