Where to Find Beer Gas refills

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bwats

Reaction score
Hi,

I have my own Nitro(Beer Gas) tank 23 CF and can't find anyone that fills beer gas in my area. Anyone in the Omaha, NE. area know where to get beer gas refills? I have a stout that is just about ready, just need some nitro.

Welding supply places should have CO2 and N. Just searched "welding supply omaha" and found a few places.

I've already done that and made a ton of calls. No one has beer gas. Just hoping someone might know.

"Beer gas" is the name that is commonly used to refer to the nitro/CO2 mix.

Call a few bars that serve Guinness/nitro on tap. Every one of them is getting there beer gas delivered from someone...most likely local

I ended up getting a tank at Airgas. They do not fill your tank. They only exchange. So I have a new tank that no one in the area will fill. After too many calls to count Airgas seems to be the only one with beer gas. CO2 is easy many options there.

Yes, I brewed a stout that is best on nitro(Beer gas) through a stout faucet.

That sucks. Airgas in this area has no issues filling customer owned tanks although it does take a couple of weeks to get them back.

Air conditioning supply house. However you can only exchange empty tanks for full ones. So if you go that route I suggest leaving any tanks you purchased at home and just pick up and exchange tanks you get from them. You will never get your own tanks back.

Back