Where to buy hops buy the pound?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KoedBrew

Reaction score
Wanting to save some money on hops and buy some buy the pound...

Anyone have suggestions about where to get some by the pound.
I went to bcrosby hops but they don't have a great selection.
Looking at Northern Brewer and though they are better than buying per ounce they aren't that cheap.
Any others?

I bought a bunch of hops from farmhouse brewing this year. Seems to have worked out well. Costs about 25% as much as my LHBS. Most of their packages are 4 oz, but if you buy 4 of them, that's a pound.

Wanting to save some money on hops and buy some buy the pound...

Anyone have suggestions about where to get some by the pound.
I went to bcrosby hops but they don't have a great selection.
Looking at Northern Brewer and though they are better than buying per ounce they aren't that cheap.
Any others?

Hops Direct sells by the pound. Leaf varieties have been out, and are going quick. Pellets are probably coming this Friday or sooner.

Check the vendor forum here. Farmhouse, hopsdirect, yakima valley and Niko all sell hops by the pound as well as others. I've used Farmhouse and Niko and have been pleased with them.

I have used Farmhouse several times, and wholesale hops, both are good, no complaints on either except maybe for certain varieties on hand at different times of the year, but that's to be expected with the simcoes and such.

I just recently bought from the hops shack and felt it was a very good deal and turn around was very good as well.

Back