Where is this?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pilotdane

Reaction score
Here is a new drinking game. Where was my wife when I took this picture. You get it right if you get the correct country. Extra credit will be awarded if you can guess the town.

WhereIsShe.jpg

Ok CrazyJames did you know the beer or did you look at the file names on my Photo Bucket account because you are correct? We were drinking in Antigua, Guatemala.

hahaha, all i was thinking was that it's a very German looking Eagle on the can.

LOL, and based on your username i thought perhaps he's a globetrotting pilot for a major airline.

OK, this is a much more traveled crowd than I had thought. You are correct. My wife is in the pool at La Posada. I was prepared to give a gold star for picking the correct town but naming the hotel and its pool is over the top!

Since we are getting crazy specific she is in the pool, the hot tub is 20 feet off to the right.

OK, this is a much more traveled crowd than I had thought. You are correct. My wife is in the pool at La Posada. I was prepared to give a gold star for picking the correct town but naming the hotel and it's pool is over the top!

Since we are getting crazy specific she is in the pool, the hot tub is 20 feet off to the right.

Oh no, the pool has a flat edge & the hot tub has a raised edge, like the one your wife's arms are resting on. Scary isn't it.....

Edit.. Oh shoot. I was looking at it wrong. You are right. She's in the pool. Sorry i messed up...:D give us another one...

For those that don't know, La Posad is a six room hotel that buts right up to the national park in Quepos Costa Rica (talk about a small world). If you are in to photography or wildlife this is a great (and easy) place to visit. The howler and squirrel monkeys were close by every day. How often can you drink a beer in the pool while monkeys climb overhead?

One night another guest and I had a few+ Imperials and started hunting for and playing with the wildlife.

IMG_8112.jpg

My wife, who had taken this picture had gone asleep by the time we found the really big spider and the scorpion.

Now that you know what I look like here is another "where am I?".

Since Hamiltont raised the bar all the way up to the stratoshphere I'm looking for the country, city, and whose deck I was sitting on while drinking the beer.

I think a few members (Hamiltont, nudge, nudge) should be banned from playing this game. It is downright spookey how quickly you are getting these.

The picture was taken in Delta Junction, Alaska.

Congratulations!

This one purposely gives you very few clues as to location. The picture was taken at the entrance to a very popular bar, though the bar is in a rather out of the way place. Where is she?

WhereIsShe3.jpg

Of course I am now posting pictures so you can not get the answer by fishing through my PhotoBucket account.

You've got the state and town. It's not on Creek Street but you are with 1/4 mile.

And, the place once was located on Creek Street.

I was surprised to learn that this bar was once on Creek Street until a high tide coincided with floodwaters coming down the creek...

WhereIsShe3b.jpg

Here is a new one. Where is she?

WhereIsShe4a.jpg

It is not nearly as exotic as the previous locations and the design on the back wall provides another clue.

Back