Where have the old timers gone?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mainly to remember to use the search function

HBT's search is , well leaves something to be desired....i try to find music match, or keep one drop one. word games....and using the search is a pain....

Old timers? Who is old?

as far i can tell everyone but me! all grand parents, and all they do is listen to the oldies! lol

I miss Orfy, ollllo, Homercidal, AJ and Malfet. I could speak about each of them individually, but I'll leave it there. And, also Revvy. His wall of texts got to be irritating, but as with things familiar, when they are gone you miss them regardless. Finally, and I write this with some guilt, I miss cheezydemon. He was so much fun, but I was on the staff here once and I am responsible for him not being here any longer.

Last edited:
"Where have all the old timers gone?"

Shaolin Monk.jpg

To the temple at the top of the mountain, awaiting those who would make the journey along the path to home brew enlightenment. ☯☯☯ :mug:

I have been here 10 years and still log on almost every day and read a lot of posts. I do help out when I see something that needs to be answered and not a lot of people already jumped on it. I still brew 10 gallons (of kegged product) every month and love brewing different styles especially German, English, and Belgian recipes, but I love most styles.

John

Old timers? Who is old?

Maybe you?! But I’m thinking it’s more of the people that were here, posted a lot and then who we haven’t seen in awhile.

I secretly enjoy some of the necro threads that get unearthed so I can see some of the early posters and see how long it’s been since they have been on. Sometimes some of those people haven’t been here in years.

I see that most, if not all, of the old " What Are You Drinking Now" crew has disbanded.

PatrickGoss, BeerMeDuffman, finsfan, Remmy, Hello......

I still see a few on there I believe, just listing the ones I have not see active for a bit

Back