Where can you go from here...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seatazzz

Well-Known Bloviator & Pontificator
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
So this may be a shameless "go me" post, but I wanted to share what can happen if you really love this obsession we share.

I've been brewing since January of 2016. I've got a pharmacy background so the math and chemistry made sense. Brewing beer is ridiculously simple if you do your homework and do what you can to reduce any bad issues. And sometimes, fate can rear her beautiful head and land you in a situation you never dreamed of.

My husband and I have been patronizing a local brewpub for about 6 months, we've gotten to know the owner well and he's given me some solid advice and help. Last night I brought him a sample of my Dead Guy clone, which I tweaked to be a bit hoppier. They are in the process of moving into a larger space and ramping up the business.

Long story short, my beer will probably be on tap when he opens the new place. I didn't get into this hobby for profit; I've loved the taste of beer all my life and am still amazed that I can make something other people like to drink. To have someone who does this for a living tell me I've made something fantastic is the headiest (pun intended) praise I could ask for. For the record, I do all grain in a converted 10 gallon cooler, boil in my 12 gallon Costco kettle, and ferment in my 6.5 gallon buckets from my LHBS. Nothing fancy, and I estimate I've spent about $200 in equipment.

So for you newbies out there, who may be discouraged by a not-so-good first attempt; stick with it. Beer is a forgiving beast, you may not get exactly what you were aiming at, but you WILL make beer. And that's why we're all here, right?

err not to be a downer, but how is he getting around the legalness of selling something you made?

Latest posts

Back