when work overloads your brewery

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Texas_Brew

Reaction score
I have been working allot lately i haven't brewed anything in months. what do you guys do during these times? collect bottles? that's what i have been doing and my bottle collection is getting a little to large for a duplex garage. maybe ill have to build some sort of container for them. of corse when i have the time and id rather brew. lol

There's is nothing worst then payin to much for the same beer you can make at home.

I've been going through a brewing dry spell myself. Work, relationship issues, and finances all take priority over brewing and I have had empty fermenters for a few weeks now. Luckily I was brewing very regularly before all of this so I still have a couple kegs and I think 5 cases left as of today. Ill be firing up the kettle after lunch :)

As far as what I've been doing, I reorganized my brew closet (stacked boxes, made sure bottles were clean and put away, etc), I cleaned out my equipment (gave the mlt, brewpot, propane burner, and IC a good cleaning), and I have been thinking about recipes to brew next.

I think if I'm going to have a lot of time between brews and make less beer, I am going to concentrate on really high ABV special occassion beers and sours.

Believe me, there are worse things than working too much. I'm in the recently unemployed group, so I have free time, an excess of energy (most of which is pointed toward the job search), and no funds to brew. I can't tell you how many recipes I've written...

Any breweries/distributors hiring in SE Michigan?

Back