When to dry hop if I forced carbonation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cervezafausto

Reaction score
Hi,
Im a newbie in forced carbonation. So this is my question. When should I dry hop my beer if I want to force my carbonation and then bottle.

I have an IPA recipe and Im having some troubles, I usually make my dry hop during fermentation but this time I feel like theres not aroma at all.

When I was using sugar to carbonate my beer nothing of this happens, but I want to make the next step and start to use CO2

Personally, whenever I choose to dryhop a beer it's usually a beer that's good as soon as it is carbed (IPA, APA, & other pales). My method is 2-3 weeks in primary, dryhop during the last week. beer goes in the keg, keg either gets put on my second CO2 tank at serving (8-10 psi) in the garage for a week or so or whenever a keg kicks in the kegerator. If there's room in the kegerator the keg gets put in there right away and shake-carbed <-- that's a word, the next day.

I find that hoppy beers loose their hoppiness if it's left to age for too long.

Because sugar and force-carbing carbonate in different ways and you say you like your hoppy beers better when primed with sugar, you could try natural carbing in your keg. It's done in the same way as bottle priming, but with a third less sugar.

Dump your choice of hops into the fermenter and let them flavor your batch for a week. Assuming you use a brite/conditioning tank for carbing just draw off your tank to the brite and apply CO2 as usual!

Hi,
Im a newbie in forced carbonation. So this is my question. When should I dry hop my beer if I want to force my carbonation and then bottle.

I have an IPA recipe and Im having some troubles, I usually make my dry hop during fermentation but this time I feel like theres not aroma at all.

When I was using sugar to carbonate my beer nothing of this happens, but I want to make the next step and start to use CO2

Back