When things turn... Explosive.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Schlomo

Reaction score
So i'm not a beginner, but thought this was a great place for me to post a nice little picture I took when a few buddies of mine cracked their first self made brew.

IMG_0388.JPG

So what happened, from my perspective, was a loud BANG and I see a fountain of beer shooting toward (and hitting) the ceiling for, what seemed like, forever.

It was glorious. The beer erupted like the fountain we all wish we had in our backyard. It was... truly... spectacular.

With this spectacular show, I am reminded of how glad I am that I keg all of my homebrew.

Cheers all :tank:

I was over at a friend's house a few years ago. He grabbed one of my homebrews out of his fridge and I told him, "be careful, they tend to foam a bit."

He opened that thing up, the air hit it and it geysered 4 feet into the air. The best part was that he did what anyone would do in that moment... he tried to contain the foam by putting his mouth over the bottle mouth. That was EVEN BETTER!

If we'd had a camera on him for the entire thing from "Be careful" until it finally calmed down on the foaming we would have been absolute shoe-in's for America's Funniest Home Video. No doubt whatsoever in my mind.

While it looks funny when it happens, you need to be aware that you were this . . close to having a bottle bomb go off in your hand. Take the rest and open them outside, wearing gloves and eye protection while handling them. They sound a bit like a shotgun blast when they blow and they can spread glass fragments for over 30 feet.

While it looks funny when it happens, you need to be aware that you were this . . close to having a bottle bomb go off in your hand. Take the rest and open them outside, wearing gloves and eye protection while handling them. They sound a bit like a shotgun blast when they blow and they can spread glass fragments for over 30 feet.

I warned the brewer's of this batch about this.

I did not open any of them, nor will I open them. Again, this was not my brew, it was a few of my buddies.

Back