When the SWMBO helps you brew....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TwoFortySX

Reaction score
Does anyone have any funny stories about the times when your significant other decides to help you brew?

My girlfriend likes to help me but hates that there are times that brewing can seem like work if you dont love it. You know like sanitizing 2+ cases of bottles before bottling.

Anyway, my funny story is this: I decided to make some homemade soda last weekend. I gathered all the ingredients, got all the tools rounded up and generally got everything ready to go. I called her into the kitchen and we started making the soda. It was time to add the extract for cream soda into the bottling bucket. We added it and the warm sugar water with the extract smelled great so my lovely SWMBO decided to taste the just the EXTRACT! I was busy mixing the soda so I didn't see what was about to happen until it was too late. She did indeed think the extract was going to taste like concentrated cream soda.The look on her face was priceless when she got a taste of the pure extract. I was laughing so hard I was almost in tears :D

So does anyone have any good stories?

My wife helps and has done some funny things, but nothing THAT funny. That would have made a good picture.

What is so hard about putting 2 cases of bottles in the dishwasher and hitting sanitize.

The only help that I get from my SWMBO is taste testing. Not a lot of help though, she does not like beer.

What is so hard about putting 2 cases of bottles in the dishwasher and hitting sanitize.

The only help that I get from my SWMBO is taste testing. Not a lot of help though, she does not like beer.

I am not lucky enough to have a dishwasher in my apartment at this time. So sanitizing my bottles takes a good bit of work. I still have to soak, clean with a brush, rinse then sanitize with my Vinator then let them dry before I can bottle.

My SWMBO is not a big beer fan either although she will get involved in brewing for a while at least until the hops give her a headache.

Back