Wheatless Fruit Beer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scottmd06

Reaction score
What would one call a fruit flavored, low gravity beer, with only about 15 ibus and NO WHEAT? Fermentables included 3lbs of Light dme, 1lb honey blend, fresh dried orange peel, Cascade and Willamette hops? I used a European yeast strain that would impart some banana after taste. Ive fermented the base, but havent decided to add the strawberry puree I had planned on yet... Maybe split batch and see the differences?

I have a mulberry oatmeal stout and have made a Munich strawberry SMaSH style beer.

Okay cool. Just curious what to call it. What do you guys think about me splitting the batch, racking half of it onto pureed strawberries, and the other half bottling straight? Do you think the strawberry, orange peel, and little bit of banana off-flavor will compliment each other ok?

Okay cool. Just curious what to call it. What do you guys think about me splitting the batch, racking half of it onto pureed strawberries, and the other half bottling straight? Do you think the strawberry, orange peel, and little bit of banana off-flavor will compliment each other ok?

People split batches all the time to do things like that.

If I break this puppy out into a split batch, about how many pounds of my homemade strawberry puree do you think would suffice for some flavor to the half I rack it into (would be splitting a five gallon batch into two 2.5 gallon batches)? I blended about four pounds of the strawberries and I'm planning on pasteurizing the puree this time, unlike the Cherry Wheat I just made that I believe caught some wild yeast from lack of pasteurization.

Latest posts

Back