what's your turkey day beer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Predinner snacking: La Fin de L'annee, my attempt at Unibroue's La Fin du Monde
Dinner: Gunslinger Cranberry Graf. This year's batch may not be quite ready, but I have some leftover from last year.
Dessert: Loghouse Honey Porter. This year's batch has a lot of chocolate highlights and should be great with the pie.
Postdinner: Passout.

I've got a southern English brown and some spiced cider I'll be consuming.

My pumpkin ale is what I'll be drinking on Thanksgiving, it's what I had last year and it was awesome. Not looking forward to all the driving since both families live at least 100 miles away.

Bottling Mac 'N' Jacks African Amber tomorrow to take to Turkey Day festivities. Enough character for the craft beer fans, "drinkable" enough for the BMC crowd.

If I'm home this year, a 2013 Hardywood Gingerbread Stout, maybe a 2014 too!

My Thanksgiving beer is an Falconers Flight Pale Ale with the dinner. It goes great with all the spices and aromas that the dinner brings out. We typically will have a Roasted turkey stuffed with walnut cranberry stuffing, maple glazed sweet potatoes, spiced cranberry sauce, somebody will usually bring a green bean casserole and homemade bread which is usually followed by pumpkin pie and eggnog pie for dessert. And later that evening I will have an Imperial Pumpkin Ale to finish off the day.

Back