What's your pump cleaning regimen?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sch21c

Reaction score
As I sit here waiting for UPS to deliver my new March 815 SS pump (to replace an older pump on my single tier RIMS system), I was wondering if I'm using best practices during my clean up. Post-brew I've typically run PBW through the pump (and RIMS tube) for 5-10 minutes, then flush with water.

What are you doing (pre- and post-brew) with respect to pump cleaning?

Since pumps are easy to take apart w just a screwdriver usually I actually take it all apart and scrub it clean and then let it air dry. I wouldn't just run stuff through it because I would worry about it not drying properly

- ISM NRP

As I sit here waiting for UPS to deliver my new March 815 SS pump (to replace an older pump on my single tier RIMS system), I was wondering if I'm using best practices during my clean up. Post-brew I've typically run PBW through the pump (and RIMS tube) for 5-10 minutes, then flush with water.

What are you doing (pre- and post-brew) with respect to pump cleaning?

I run StarSan through my pump before use. After brewing, chilling, etc. I use reserved hot water w/Sani Cleanse are run several gallons through the pump from my HLT to my BK. Then I use this for initial cleanup of my BK.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I also circulate PBW solution through my entire system including the RIMS tube at 140 degrees for 30 minutes followed by clean water also at 140 degrees for another 30 minutes.

I have enough tubing adapters so that I circulate the cleaning solutions through my CFC at the same time.

Latest posts

Back