What's your profession?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm a cook at In N Out burger and a Business major at Chico State. I get to live 10 minutes away from Sierra Nevada so I have that going for me :mug:

just another engineer.... of the mechanical variety working in a small manufacturing company

Supervisor and quality control for an expansion joint manufacturer. Last 6 years.
Before that I held multiple positions throughout 10 years in plumbing wholesale.
Before that a few years as a supervisor at a small garden art manufacturer.

No college, 4 years US Navy.

Sent from my magic box, using only my thumbs.

Tons of drinking... Occasionally swing by the office to make sure everyone's in line.

I'm 49 going on 20.

From grass cutter, to land scraper, framer, construction, machinist, tool maker, drafter, mech & ele Eng, Documentation Control, Configuration manager, Commodity Manager, and I'm not sure yet.

Since 18 yrs old I've always been a brewer.

Tonight's keg I'm tasting is my Autumn Tumbler those mfer replaced on me.

Shouldn't have done that SN. I now replaced your beers in my fridge dumb ass

Silly good beer

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1417495431.396268.jpg

Global Environmental Engineering Mgr for Fortune 500 company.

Still trying to figure out what I want to be when I grow up.

Miserable CAD jockey for aerospace company. Spent entire life studying, practicing and loving architecture.

former US Army satellite spacecraft and network controller. currently a deputy sheriff and a software engineer.

Electrical engineer - mostly retired now. Much of the work divided between circuit design and embedded control software.

Previous injection molding supervisor, just moved and accepted an offer with a better company as a blow molding process technician. Goals to be an engineer & professional brewer some day.

Papermaker. Yes it's a real profession. Yes I went college for it. AND, yes it's an actual degree. Paper Science major with a minor in chemistry. Always found the advanced chemistry stuff tough.

As far as brewing goes, I like to build, modify, create equipment and tools as much as I do brewing beer.

Grunt for the local airport. Primary responsibilities include making tall grass short, pushing snow, making FOD disappear, and just about anything else they decide our department should do.

Back