What's your profession?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After reading 30 or so pages, I'm surprised how many brains are kicking around. I now know how yall can afford awesome brew setups.

Diesel mechanic for a bus company.

After reading 30 or so pages, I'm surprised how many brains are kicking around. I now know how yall can afford awesome brew setups.

sometimes you don't need brains to make the money. when we lived in WY there were plenty of dumb folks making great money, but they were always payment poor from buying all the toys: jet-skis, 4-wheelers, motor homes, boats, F-350s (bright red), the brand new garage 6 times bigger than their 1972 single wide trailer, new rifles every 2-3 months, the most expensive cowboy hats & boots they could find in Denver... which reminds me: you know why the cowboys in WY wear sneakers? so you can tell them apart from the coal miners.

Bike mechanic... with a Masters in 'Armchair Engineering'. Heh. In the cycling community, a keg always seems to make a ton of friends.

I'm surprised to not find too many Analysts out there. I'm a Financial Analyst who hybrids a Contract Admin for some companies on the side. I basically specialize in the modeling of future business ventures and then work the contracts with the outside vendors to make it happen.

Lucky for me I worked for a friend's construction company through high school. The general building knowledge along with familiarity with electrical and plumbing has really helped with this hobby.

I know a fair amount of people with nothing more than a high school education that make double what I make and I finished grad school.

Conductor for one of the class I railroads, I do, however, work with many engineers.......

Alot of my family was railroad. Dad started out with the, Great Northern RR, then it got bought by the, Burlington Northern. After that he got into RR construction. I did the construction side until I was 30.

I got an uncle who's a retired conductor from AmTrack, he started when it was still the G.N.RR.

pb

I know a fair amount of people with nothing more than a high school education that make double what I make and I finished grad school.

high school educatium is for sissies.:rockin: all you need is a strong back, a weak mind, and a fridge full of pudding & beer.

Back