What's your profession?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been seriously considering the consulting side..the enforcement side can be stressful 13 years and strickter higher gov auditing you all the time ...

Yeah, I can imagine. I work with Army Corps agents all the time, both in regulatory and enforcement, could not imagine having that job...

I'm a fiber optic splicer for AT&T. the only correlation i have noticed is folks that have relatively high level of attention to detail have a tendence to be successful in brewing. its either that or a highly addictive personality lol

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Driller on a offshore drilling rig

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

How do you like that work?

I've been a maintenance mechanic and equipment tech since leaving the Navy but wondered if there were opportunities to do similar work on and offshore rig. Obviously I can handle living in cramped quarters in the middle of the ocean for extended periods.

Biological and Food Process Engineer by education. I'm working as a project engineer/project manager for a good plant.

How do you like that work?

I've been a maintenance mechanic and equipment tech since leaving the Navy but wondered if there were opportunities to do similar work on and offshore rig. Obviously I can handle living in cramped quarters in the middle of the ocean for extended periods.

I love it. The only job I know of that I can work half a year and make more money then most ppl that work all year. The works not bad once u get established and adjusted to the schedule

Firefighter.... well i'm almost there, just finishing up a course at the station :)

Class A Master Machinist.
Making shafts for US Naval vessels.

Music education major at South Dakota State University!

Electrical contractor.
Being an electrician came in handy running power for my electric BK

Firefighter, but the dream job would be to be a brewmaster...but I'm a hell of a long way from that though.

Scientist
R&D Program Leader for a major Ag biotech company

Brewing is like lab work that I used to do but I can drink it when I'm done, so it's fun.

Scientist
R&D Program Leader for a major Ag biotech company

Brewing is like lab work that I used to do but I can drink it when I'm done, so it's fun.

What company - monsanto? Syngenta?

I research the abscisic acid pathway... PhD student.

Have a degree in electrical engineering but wasn't into it at all by the time I finished college.
So, after doing a few different things, I work in a bicycle shop.
Sales and repairs.
And I love it :)

Physical Therapist.

But secretly I'm a baker, brewer, and creator of cheeses and meats. but shh... don't tell my boss.

Back