What's your profession?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I work for the local soil & water conservation district doing a little bit of everything

Trauma surgeon.

Once I started brewing I realized that the organic chemistry I took wasn't a colossal waste of time!

Own an English cram school in Korea. Nice being able to teach the same kids for a few years and go from ABC`s to real novels.

Still doing the K9 thing, but been doing real estate on the side with my wife lately.

Currently unemployed - seasonal work (cleaning empty rental properties near a college campus) has died off, so it's time to start looking for a real job again.

Hopefully I can find one and not have to wait around for next spring to pick up this nice-but-not-that-nice job again.

:(

Currently unemployed - seasonal work (cleaning empty rental properties near a college campus) has died off, so it's time to start looking for a real job again.

Hopefully I can find one and not have to wait around for next spring to pick up this nice-but-not-that-nice job again.

:(

If you are in Durham I guess you're not too close to any of the major military bases but friends of mine made a decent living cleaning on base housing for service members who were being relocated.

The bad news is that the military can be a total PITA in their inspections, the good news is that the service member is highly motivated to pay good money so as not to have to deal with the hassle.

Let's see...most days I am the following:

Teacher
Musician
Custodian
Entertainer
Babysitter
Publicist
Travel agent
Librarian
Counselor
Therapist
Designer
Salesman
Driver
Dietitian
Mechanic

My official title is "High School Band Director".

I'm a lawyer, movie producer, construction project manager, and emergency preparedness and security consultant. I wish I were also an engineer, but it's too late for me now.

Air Traffic Controller. Started college headed towards an Engineering degree and decided it wasn't for me, I needed something exciting!

Let's see...most days I am the following:

Teacher
Musician
Custodian
Entertainer
Babysitter
Publicist
Travel agent
Librarian
Counselor
Therapist
Designer
Salesman
Driver
Dietitian
Mechanic

My official title is "High School Band Director".

Sounds about right. Still remember all of my band directors and the work they put in that went far and above what a teacher's job should.

Cheers to you for keeping the music alive.

OT. I've already posted in this thread but I'm a full time welder and a part time glorified janitor.

Structural Steel Bridge Inspector. Senior QA inspector (local 150) for a large city. It's regular work based on time and gravity.

Environmental Coordinator at a foundry.
I monitor all things environmental, track, compile and report compliance data to IDEM.
It's what I dreamed of doing as a child...

Back