What's your next brew? Why?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kiss yer cousin Rye, Kentucky Common by @Revvy.

Cause I live in Louisville and it sounds good.

Split 5 gallon batch between ale and a steam beer.

Next beer will be my standard APA hopped with all homegrown Chinook. I need to use the last of those hops before I crack into my Christmas stash of 4lbs of new hops, that should get me through about the 8 or 9 beers I have in my to brew list.

California Common ftw. I just made a RIS so I want something lighter and that I don't have to wait super long for. I'm going to be a rebel and not lager it since I don't have a lager fridge :p

spiced saison with cardamom, ginger, and a candied golden raisins. Anyone have experience using cardamom in a beer? this is what im most concerned with. What type to use and how much to add

My next beer will be an attempt at brewing a session IPA that drinks like a standard IPA. It will be in the style of a juicy, cirtusy Northeast style IPA. Think Treehouse Julius lite. Why? Because it was supposed to be the LAST beer I brewed, but I invited a friend to brew with me, and he nixed the idea of a "session" beer, so we brewed something else. I can't wait to see how this style turns out. Been researching the heck out of other recipes and various grains, hops and yeasts for several months. Anxious to get this one brewed and bottled!

I'm leaning toward taking a shot at a Bohemian Pilsner. I brewed my first lager a few weeks ago (Anchor Steam clone) and the samples I've had seem promising. And after some recent discussion I've been following regarding lagers (Brulosopher et al) it seems like they may be more forgiving than I had previously conceived.

I have a temp controlled mini fridge, am starting to feel pretty confident in my technical abilities, and warm weather will be here in a few months so why not try brewing a pilsner!

I am brewing an IPA right now because I bought 5 pounds of hops on a Thanksgiving sale. About $7 each one was free. Magnum for bittering, Aurora and Sonnet for flavor/aroma.

Jalapeño Cream Ale, because my wife's uncle overheard me and a buddy talking about beer. He's a BMC guy and I promised I'd brew something he'd enjoy before he returns to Texas.

Fixin' to do an English brown; about 3.9% ABV if I hit my numbers. I've been brewing big beers for a while and it's about time to see if I can brew something lighter. If this works, I'll try a 3% mild next time.

I'm at my winter snowbird nest in southwest Florida drinking the fruits of last years brewing. :). All of my brewing supplies are up north, but when I return I will start with a California Steam Ale as it is one of my faves, and I will have it to drink while I am brewing the 2016 batches.:ban:

Fixin' to do an English brown; about 3.9% ABV if I hit my numbers. I've been brewing big beers for a while and it's about time to see if I can brew something lighter. If this works, I'll try a 3% mild next time.

Fixin'? SE Minn? z-bob, are you a transplanted southerner?

Re-brewing a red ale I made with honey malt. It was an experimental recipe that I made since I didn't want to use expensive honey and agreed to give it to a friend for his baby shower while it was fermenting. Sampled it last night before taking it over and got mad that I wasn't keeping it for myself.

Im going to do a galaxy/nelson sauvin single malt dual hop pale using marris otter. I just kegged a stone enjoy clone and had some hops left over. This was my first try with either of those hops but i really like them so far.

Kiss yer cousin Rye, Kentucky Common by @Revvy.

Cause I live in Louisville and it sounds good.

Split 5 gallon batch between ale and a steam beer.

Highly recommend this. That beer has become a staple at my house on tap. I've only made it as a steam beer with the wlp sf lager. Can't bring myself to switch it up its so damn good. I love when people take their first drink and say" this is absolutely delicious , but what is it"? That beer has a swag that is all its own.

Next is something I'm pretty excited about. An English Barley wine I've been planning a while (even made a heavy Scottish just to build the yeast cake I'm using, wlp028.) I realized my next chance to brew it will be my birthday and so spawned a brewing tradition. Birthday Barleywine; to be brewed every year on/around my birthday and enjoyed on my next birthday, along with vertical tasting as the years add up.

I also had a spree of recipe creation and so have the next few planned for after that.

1) Back to my roots (3rd year brewing ha!) with an extract hefe to catch-up the pipeline.
2)Maibock for May and to dive into lagering.
3)Strawberry Blonde to play with fruit additions.
4)Pilsner for more lagering and a more approachable beer to share.
5)So many more...

Gojira Peppered Pale Ale from Northern Brewer as SWMBO got it for me for Christmas.

After that I'm taking a stab at converting my extract pale all recipe to AG, and tweaking two AG clone recipes to better suit my liking.

I am brewing an IPA right now because I bought 5 pounds of hops on a Thanksgiving sale. About $7 each one was free. Magnum for bittering, Aurora and Sonnet for flavor/aroma.
Gobble till you wobble! I just brewed with new hops from that sale to try them out- Bodacia, First Gold and Glacier, a blonde ale. Calling it Golden Glacier Blonde!

Highly recommend this. That beer has become a staple at my house on tap. I've only made it as a steam beer with the wlp sf lager. Can't bring myself to switch it up its so damn good. I love when people take their first drink and say" this is absolutely delicious , but what is it"? That beer has a swag that is all its own.
Sounds interesting! I may have to check that out.

My next two are going to be a Wheat English IPA and a Wheat Dark Mild. English IPA will be Maris Otter, wheat, #2 invert, and UK crystal malt, and a mix of Phoenix and Progress hops. The Dark Mild will be Mild malt, wheat malt, flaked wheat, a little crystal, #4 invert, some chocolate malt, and a little Sinamar for extra color, and then also using Progress.

Why? Because I have a run of my house 1469 going, and some harvested slurry from my recent Pale Mild in jars to use.

I just got a jar of slurry from Omega Yeast Labs Hothead Farmhouse. I'm thinking of something g involving that. I also have a jar of Wyeast Scottish Ale that needs to be used before it goes kaput.

I'm thinking a couple of red ales. The ale w/ Scottish yeast will be a lightly hopped 80/- or something similar, and the hothead will be a hoppy red ale with a ton of hops.

Then again it's almost spring, so maybe some wheat beers and go a totally different route. So many choices!

I'm thinking a cream ale. Why? I finally have temperature control, and my brother loves Sleeman Cream Ale. Think I'll call it Steven's Creamin' Ale.

I am making a chocolate porter that I put together with the help of my lhbs. Called it Muddy Paws! Decided to do it for no particular reason!

Getting the grain I need tomorrow for an IPA using some experimental hops I was given.

I got hold of some six row and am now looking at pre-prohibition recipes for inspiration.

Nut Bown Ale because I've never done a Brown before. When I'm looking for ideas for the next brew I usually visit the Top 20 HBT recipe article. If you can't get inspiration from that article then maybe you should be a gardener. :)

Wee Heavy - I have saved yeast from a porter I did a month back and I want to brew this with time to age for xmas.

Next is rebrewing the German Pils I made in November(?). It recently won BOS in a competition so I entered it in NHC. I figure I'll need a fresh batch for the second round if it advances. If not, no problem drinking it.

Farmhouse Ale with my homegrown Cascade hops. It'll be my first time using slurry that I built up from bottle dregs. Also going to redo a Saison that did very well at a competition last September.

Baltic Porter next week since I have some lager yeast in the fridge and also because I want to try a parti-gyle at the same time so need a high gravity brew to start with.

Put one IPA to bed this morning. Going to get another going next weekend using Golden Promise & Golden Naked Oats.

Latest posts

Back