What's your favorite/dream website

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoppyMcHopster

Reaction score
Curious on what other sites your brewers enjoy the most... or even better yet what would be your dream site be like? (Brewing related of course). I'm trying to come up with a fun side project to work on and I was hoping to get some inspiration from the people who know the subject the best.. you! Personally, I like Hopville and the ability to export any recipe into BeerXML so it can be used in any of the popular brewing applications. Anyone else use this site.. anything lacking? Anything you would like added? Would you use a similar site if one existing with some extra features?

Thanks for the inspiration.

I like the brew day/timer feature. It makes brew day a no-brainer, and in addition to the robust recipe creator, you can rely on that site entirely to manage your brew sessions.

It looks like they will be implementing export to BeerXML soon as well.

One thing I miss having is a true track-a-batch function that allows you to use a calendar feature to track progress and sends reminders to SMS or email to transfer, bottle, or tap.

- B916

www.brewersfriend.com/ is darn close. If I could figure out how to use the mash app, I'd be using that one 24/7

Hi,
This is Larry from Brewer's Friend. First of all, thank you for saying this, means a lot. It has been a journey building out the site. Myself and the team really appreciate it.

We are focusing on the mash water management section to automate this for all grain brewers. It is actually driving me nuts too! We are also working on improving the water chemistry integration. Give it another month and we'll have something released, if not 1.10 then 1.11 will be it.

Awesome - that site was my answer to an online, in-the-cloud service that I can use to create, manage and track recipes and brew sessions. I haven't 'officially' used it much as of yet, but I can see where I will be making the place for me to launch all of my future brews.

Also - an audible alarm would be pretty cool when the timer(s) get to 00:00:00, but otherwise the site is pretty spot-on.

Thanks for your work.

- B916

Back