What's your favorite BMC beer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm originally from western PA and Rolling Rock was the local beer of choice. Saw it on a menu in Atlanta under the heading of IMPORTS. I guess crossing a few state lines is considered importing.

I'm originally from western PA and Rolling Rock was the local beer of choice. Saw it on a menu in Atlanta under the heading of IMPORTS. I guess crossing a few state lines is considered importing.

lol , anything thats not BMC is considered import. Its mainly a price bracket for the menu..

yuengling premium. I'm surprised there aren't more votes for yuengling. probably because their commercials are totally gay.

Yuengling is still privately owned by the Yuengling family, as it has been for over 180 years. Its currently the largest American owned brewery, and is the oldest continually operated brewery in the US, no matter ownership.
Someone needs to get their facts straight.

Yuengling is one of my beers of choice, with a crisp clean profile. It still isn't BMC, and so doesn't fit this thread.

Raenon said:
Yuengling is still privately owned by the Yuengling family, as it has been for over 180 years. Its currently the largest American owned brewery, and is the oldest continually operated brewery in the US, no matter ownership.

Yuengling is one of my beers of choice, with a crisp clean profile. It still isn't BMC, and so doesn't fit this thread.

Ok, that's sure what I thought was the case.

Raenon said:

Ah cool, I'd always been told it was an AB "craft brew". Thanks guys!

rifraf said:
Ah cool, I'd always been told it was an AB "craft brew". Thanks guys!

Flavor wise, that's not far off. Which is what people mean when they say that. Not an actual AB brew.

How is yuengling a BMC beer?

well not specifically B M or C- but I didn't think the poster meant which of these three- i figured BMC was being used as a generalization. Yuengling is pretty widely marketed and distributed east of the Mississippi. it's also a pretty accessible, simple lager. I'm not knocking it, as it's what i grew up with and if people want to consider it to be in a different class, i'm cool with that- but many consider it a peer to BMC (in PA), and the price and availability reflect that.

I grew up on PBR, switched to High Life when I moved to Texas.

Something about PBR in cans is undrinkable. That last hit is nasty. I don’t get that with other beers. Bottles are good to the last drop.

The last few Millers I had a few years ago I didn’t like, first on tap then in the bottle. I think they reduced the barley in the grain bill.

BMC is now “Anheuser-Busch InBev MillerCoors” but I guess we’ll be calling it BMC for a long time.

The only AB product i could ever stomach was regular old Michelob, although i haven't had one in ages. Miller Lite and High Life are drinkable i guess, but if i'm looking to get some cheap beer at the gas station I usually go with the green cans of Fosters.

Something about PBR in cans is undrinkable. That last hit is nasty. I don’t get that with other beers. Bottles are good to the last drop.

So true! Not a fan of high life myself though...

I know it's not BMC but I just discovered "Simpler Times" pilsner from Trader Joe's. At $3.99/6pk I think it falls into the same category and is quite delicious! Something like 5.5% too. I will be buying more.

Depending on my mood either Bud Light or Coors Light. Nothing wrong with enjoying one on a hot day or at the ballpark. They can keep Miller Lite though. Even though I have never tasted urine I am sure that it tastes like Miller Lite.

Between Bud, Miller, and Coors, does anyone know if one beer has superior ingredients or malt/hop? I know Miller likes to use a lot of hop extracts and additives (enzymes, preservatives). Do they all do that? They also must use some kind of adjunct too?

I dont know why they don't make a decent helles or something. I think that would win over the american pallete if it was sold at domestic prices.

doctorRobert said:
Between Bud, Miller, and Coors, does anyone know if one beer has superior ingredients or malt/hop? I know Miller likes to use a lot of hop extracts and additives (enzymes, preservatives). Do they all do that? They also must use some kind of adjunct too?

I dont know why they don't make a decent helles or something. I think that would win over the american pallete if it was sold at domestic prices.

Coors would be the one using "superior" product. They use all barley I believe. Miller uses corn, Bud uses rice. Miller uses hop extract, I believe Bud uses whole flowers and I don't know about Coors. That's all from memory and I don't remember where I read it.

Depending on my mood either Bud Light or Coors Light. Nothing wrong with enjoying one on a hot day or at the ballpark. They can keep Miller Lite though. Even though I have never tasted urine I am sure that it tastes like Miller Lite.

WAIT!!!
bud or coors light are cool at a ballgame, but miller tastes like pee???? really???
i HAVE tasted urine. it's not beer. i'm all for everything, but you should be more discriminating.

msh227 said:
ahhh yes tough question.....i'm going to have to say pbr in cans of course!!!

High life is a very close second but only if it is the bottle!!! Think it tastes better in my opinion even if it is all in my head!!!!

Don't forget about coors banquet! Quite tasty for a bmc!

+1

Wow Im surprised they out sold Sam Adams, considering I can get Sam Adams everywere.
Budweiser then Coors light

spearko520 said:
yuengling premium. I'm surprised there aren't more votes for yuengling. probably because their commercials are totally gay.

Their commercials are exclusively attracted to other commercials of the same sex? That's a marketing ploy I had not yet seen.

Back