What's wrong with my beer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DxS12

Reaction score
Hi Homebrewers,

I'm about to move my beer to the secondary and I noticed these bubbles floating on the top. I'll take a taste when I transfer to see if it's off, but is my beer infected? ImageUploadedByHome Brew1409072482.948161.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

The bubbles don't look like off gassing CO2, but I could be wrong. I would leave it in the primary until it clears up or shows definite signs of an infection.

It looks like co2 bubbles and maybe some yeast rafts.

Wait until 10 - 14 days from brew day, take a gravity reading then wait a day and take another. If the readings are the same you can make some decisions. 1) It is safe to bottle.
2) you can do a secondary to allow the beer to clear some more (that is about all that happens in a secondary) or 3) you can leave the beer alone for 2-4 weeks then bottle it.

There does not appear that anything is wrong other than the beer is not finished fermenting yet.

Thanks for the help! I'll let it sit for now.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Back