What's with all these NE style IPAs?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TAK

Reaction score
I live in Nebraska.

Granted, we're getting some decent local breweries. But our IPAs aren't anything to write home about.

;)

Don't know what to say, but the best examples of "NE IPA" are really enjoyable, to the point I've been on a cloning spree lately.

Working my way through The Alchemist's offerings, did the Heady Topper clone last week, doing the Focal Banger clone right now, and plan on the Crusher clone next weekend...

Cheers!

I guess MadScientist and DayTripper didn't see the wink at the bottom of the original post. :mug:

The postal abbreviation for Nebraska is NE. Of course, NE IPA refers to "northeast" or "New England" (which are sort of the same thing really)

MrBJones gets it.

To madscientist's post, I have nothing but good things to say about Zip Line. Solid brewery just minutes away from me. Definitely teaching the locals what good beer is. Irregardless of their zip code, I hope they don't start brewing NE style IPAs.

;)

All the ne style ipas ive had are not really all that good. They're too juicy and dont have much depth to them besides a ton of hops. They're ok, decently brewed beer, but i really dont understand the hype and the extent a lot go to in order to get these beers.

I guess MadScientist and DayTripper didn't see the wink at the bottom of the original post. :mug:

The postal abbreviation for Nebraska is NE. Of course, NE IPA refers to "northeast" or "New England" (which are sort of the same thing really)

So, that's Midwest Humor then.

Ok.

West Coast all the way! We know how to clear our beers.

So 2014...

Cheers!

Don't know what to say, but the best examples of "NE IPA" are really enjoyable, to the point I've been on a cloning spree lately.

Working my way through The Alchemist's offerings, did the Heady Topper clone last week, doing the Focal Banger clone right now, and plan on the Crusher clone next weekend...

Cheers!

Find any verified recipe info on those?
Or any resources to get close?

Back