Whats Up?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Redden

Reaction score
Hey. I'm Billy Redden from Philly. I just started making my own beers. They started taxing beers in Philly, like 2 cents an ounce, so I figured I would just make my own. The first batch didn't taste to good. My kid said it tasted like oatmeal. Maybe I didn't let it sit long enough in the sun. Oh well, I'll keep trying.

Hey. I'm Billy Redden from Philly. I just started making my own beers. They started taxing beers in Philly, like 2 cents an ounce, so I figured I would just make my own. The first batch didn't taste to good. My kid said it tasted like oatmeal. Maybe I didn't let it sit long enough in the sun. Oh well, I'll keep trying.

hi billy, keep working at it! maybe your kid just wasnt drunk enough to appreciate the brew.

Lots of people here who are knowledgeable about homebrew, welcome. I hope you were kidding about the sun, but hey maybe solar powered brew is a good thing for the planet.:D

Thanks for the welcome. Yeah, the old guy across the street said he would teach me how to make beer, but after reading stuff here I think he might have dementia or something. I threw that sun brewed batch out and I'll work on some recipes you guys provided.

HA!! Yeah, dude...not sure sun brew would be any good. I'd hate to think of the hangover! Have fun poking around here for more success on your next first batch and ask if you have questions.

Welcome!

OK, that old guy across the street definitely didn't know what he was talking about. I read a bunch of info on here and I've been making a fairly good quality IPA. I used distilled water, adjusted the carbonate and calcium levels. 90 minute boil with a 2 row malt and a little crystal with a bunch of hops in the beginning of the boil, a little sugar and then more hops 70 minutes into the boil and then dry hops. My neighbors want me to bottle it up and sell it because they like it so much. My kid wants to call it "Chimp Pole Phister" but I think that's a strange name because my boy Bo is a little retarded (gets it from his moms side). I'll have to get better before i start marketing the stuff. Thanks for a great site.
Billy from Philly

Back