What's Passedpawn doing?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Let's see who can guess.

1625356155116.png

1625356178363.png

1625356237936.png

That’s pretty awesome! With that many burning does it do a good job of keeping the bugs away?

We have dutifully purchased and burned citronella candles for years though they don't seem to do anything, then one day at a garden center we picked up a citronella plant. Whenever we would sit outside we would rub our hands on the plant to release the natural oils and pick some up on our skin, that worked really well. Great plant, easy to care for we would take it along to neighborhood drinkies and sit around it like a bonfire. I wish I could find another one this year, so far nobody has them in stock :(

We have dutifully purchased and burned citronella candles for years though they don't seem to do anything, then one day at a garden center we picked up a citronella plant. Whenever we would sit outside we would rub our hands on the plant to release the natural oils and pick some up on our skin, that worked really well. Great plant, easy to care for we would take it along to neighborhood drinkies and sit around it like a bonfire. I wish I could find another one this year, so far nobody has them in stock :(

Does nothing.

Where I live, the good news is fewer mosquitoes, due to the drought. The bad news is the drought hasn't taken a dent out of the gnat and deer fly populations.
Not so many gnats but yes the deer flys are a pain up here. What we have not had so bad are the ticks, figure it is so hot and dry they don't want to cross the brown vegetation either

Midges then horseflies are the bane of anyones outdoor existence here in Scotland. Our mosquitoes are no problem thankfully. Ticks seem to have increased a lot

I live in the Pacific Northwest and our bugs over here are pathetic. I went to Glacier a few years back and when I was setting up the camp I found out that they had biting flies. Flies that bite. That just isn't right.

I live in the Pacific Northwest and our bugs over here are pathetic. I went to Glacier a few years back and when I was setting up the camp I found out that they had biting flies. Flies that bite. That just isn't right.

That's a horsefly for you. Horse flies are the WORST. They bite and it frigging hurts. I really hate the squitos, but those horse flies need to die die die.

Green Heads are worse than deer flies, on par with a legit horse fly I think.
The Greenies have the advantage of much larger targets - they live at the beach, after all ;)

Midges then horseflies are the bane of anyones outdoor existence here in Scotland. Our mosquitoes are no problem thankfully. Ticks seem to have increased a lot
When I used to camp in the Highlands, I would bring plenty of big cigars. Fire one up as soon as I stopped hiking and started to make camp.

Latest posts

Back