What's in your fermenter(s)?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
they're sweet-tart cherries with a stripped blush like Royal Gala apples...kinda. They make a great flavored ruby red wine that's a bit strong as Grandma made it some 50 yea:mug:rs ago. I'd like a bottle of that cherry wine of yours!

If the wine turns out, I'd be more than happy to work out a trade.

Makes me thing of the mango/ habanero Lay's chips we had with chili dogs the other night. Very good fruity flavor with some heat. And the cappuccino ones reak of smooth coffee. Yum! :mug:

Mango/habenero sauce at Buffalo Wild Wings is off the chain, yo! Goes great with a 22 oz Sweetwater 420...

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Let's see, I haven't updates this in a while...

~5.5 gallons of a wild Bourbon Barrel Oatmeal Stout (Roeselare, Lambic blend, plus dregs from various stuff)
-5 gallons of a Coniston Bluebird Bitter clone where I picked up something wild while culturing up from a bottle, so that's sitting in a secondary with a pellicle to see what happens after a 6 months or so
-5.5 gallons of round 2 of Bluebird Bitter clone
-5.5 gallons of English Summer Ale

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1407679501.086505.jpg
6 gallons of Citra Galaxy IPA with Conan yeast and 6 gallons of Saison with Belle Saison yeast. Second time using this dry saison yeast and it is a great yeast very aromatic when it's actively fermenting. The first time I used it I used a sleeping bag and heating pad to keep it at around 80 degrees and it produced an amazong beer so I'm doing the same second time around.

So my tear is all done. I finished my 4 batches in 2 days, 3 batches in one day stint, and everything is bubbling away. A couple of those batches I've already posted above, but the 3 batch day was 1 batch of belgian dark strong, 1 batch of 805 clone, and 1 batch of Galaxy Pale Ale. I'll sleep when I'm dead. :mug:

Nice froggies! ^^ LOL..somebody is a father I'm thinking!

Yes I am but my youngest is 20. My wife never wants to throw anything away thus the 15 year old sleeping bag with frogs. First time the things been used in over a decade.

Just bottled my American honey wheat ale so I have an empty bucket at the moment. It won't stay empty but a few more hours, when I fill it with 5.5 gallons of this clone...
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1407692186.064379.jpg

Fermenter 1: American IPA
Fermenter 2: Amber ale
Fermenter 3: Saison
Fermenter 4: Double-IPA

Yes, I had a busy weekend.

CBS Carolina Breakfast Stout - based on KBS
used as many NC sourced ingredients as possible
Counter culture coffee that's roasted right behind where I used to work
Videri dark chocolate made made downtown Raleigh
Midnight moon moonshine (half barrel aged by me, half cherry infused)
All the grain, yeast, and hops bought at local hbs...who the hell knows where it all was sourced.

1: 3 gals of cider for this fall
2: oak aged strong ale conditioning
3: some bland old ale im not sure what to do with conditioning in a carboy
4: American amber fermenting
5: ESB fermenting
6: Cherry wheat fermenting

Any suggestions on what to do with a bland old ale that has been conditioning for about a month?

The Brett suggestion is good too (though I prefer to do that with Belgians) but I'd dryhop the crap out of it with whatever hops you have and maybe throw in some bourbon soaked oak spirals.

The Brett suggestion is good too (though I prefer to do that with Belgians) but I'd dryhop the crap out of it with whatever hops you have and maybe throw in some bourbon soaked oak spirals.

I specifically suggested Brett C. for a reason, as it was originally isolated from English stock ales. The fit with an Old Ale is too perfect. To the point where I plan on doing exactly what I suggested in a month or two (brew old ale, secondary it for a year or so with Brett C).

I specifically suggested Brett C. for a reason, as it was originally isolated from English stock ales. The fit with an Old Ale is too perfect. To the point where I plan on doing exactly what I suggested in a month or two (brew old ale, secondary it for a year or so with Brett C).

Did I misquote you or something? I used the generic "brett" and went out of my way to compliment your idea. You need to dryhop with Xanax.

(I confess I edited that last line. Yes, I amuse me. Probably only me, but that works for me!)

Did I misquote you or something? I used the generic "brett" and went out of my way to compliment your idea. You need to dryhop with Xanax.

(I confess I edited that last line. Yes, I amuse me. Probably only me, but that works for me!)

Not sure where the hostility is coming from. I wouldn't use Brett L or Brett B or any of the more "Belgian" Brett strains in this either. Just Brett C, or if you could get it Brett A.

Not sure where the hostility is coming from. I wouldn't use Brett L or Brett B or any of the more "Belgian" Brett strains in this either. Just Brett C, or if you could get it Brett A.

Not feeling, or intending any hostility, just thought your response to me was a bit uptight. It's all good. It's the internet, stuff gets lost in translation sometimes. I'm a bit snarky, but only meant it as joke.

I could probably get you some Brett A if you ever need it. Hit me up. :mug:

Just bottled my American honey wheat ale so I have an empty bucket at the moment. It won't stay empty but a few more hours, when I fill it with 5.5 gallons of this clone...
View attachment 216868

This morning I caught the glorious aroma from the airlock of my primary this beer is in! So sweet smelling and the Notty is chugging away on day 3 with a steady stream of bubbles.

Just threw together my zombie dust 3.0... I changed the recipe twice, adding different hops to add bitterness. The all citra is great, but I prefer more bitterness, basically punch in the face hoppiness that I just didn't get with citra only. I added cascade and centennial to the mix, cannot wait!

Another iteration of a house lager I've been working on. 90% 2-row, 10% Munich, OG 1.047. Dash of Warrior to bitter, Hallertauer for flavor/aroma, ~34 IBU. WLP838 w/ the Brulosophy lager method. Stoked.

Cheers.

Back