What's in your fermenter(s)?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Currently, four one-gallon batches of Pu-er Pale Ale in various states of experimental tea infusion.

Coming tonight: three one-gallon batches of JAOM with different fruit adjuncts.

Coming Sunday: three-gallon Simcoe-Citra-Cascade IIPA

Currently: russian imperial stout - beginning stages of an 8 month age and festivus ale that is about to go to secondary.

Kegged last night my breakfast stout going on nitro.

I'm pretty sure I've got an infected IPA.

[ame]http://youtu.be/7RnXC_m_AEc[/ame]
7RnXC_m_AEc

roastquake said:
Looks like yeast that didn't fall, my vote is for "not infected." How does it taste? Check out some of the other infection threads, I hope you didn't dump it.

My nose is to close to my mouth to taste it. It smelled so bad I couldn't stand to even try tasting it. It's been dumped.

Currently my end of year MMaSH... a Stout using Kolsh yeast and Mt. Hood hops for bittering, orange peel (Because thats what I had for breakfast that morning...), and some Jack Daniels Oak Chips soaked in 100 proof. I'll keg it in a couple of weeks and let it age until Christmas!

10 G of Avery Ellie's Clone
10 G of porter
10 G HB IPA
5 G English Mild

Kegged-
5 G of English Mild
5 G Nut Brown
5 G Kohatu/wakatu pale ale

5 gal of an American Brown ale that I'll be bottling next weekend
5.5 gal of a Wee Heavy that will probably be getting bottled in March or April so as to be ready by next winter.

• 2.5 gal Brown Imperial IPA soon to be dry hopped with 2.5oz of centennial
  • 2.5 gal Australian Pale Ale - Centennial for bittering and vast amounts of Galaxy for flavor and aroma

Gotta do another FG on my robust porter today to see if it's ready for vanilla in the priming solution to bottle in time for Christmas. Not to mention a bunch of HB bottles to clean for that.

6 gallons of Prom-Cran Sour '14 8% Belgian Lambic-style Sour Ale (will be racking it onto the fruit next weekend)
6.5 gallons of Gentleman's Porter 7% Chocolate Vanilla Robust Porter
6 gallons of Belgian Golden Rye 8.5% Golden Strong with Rye

Well,I got the bottles cleaned & on the bottle tree to dry for a bit. My robust porter is @ 1.012,so that's grounds for bottling. Nice malty/roasty flavor already. Held a bit of veneer head in the hydrometer tube. Should be great with the vanilla.

My robust porter is finally ready to bottle today. Strained vanilla bean/vodka solution into priming solution,figuring I'd get the best flavor this way? Oh man,it smells like smooth,fresh vanilla. Just needs to cool a bit while I get everything else ready...

I have a Stone Ruination clone bubbling away in the basement right now. Hat tip to Yooper, as I took her clone recipe and tweaked it a little. Switched out the Magnum for Cascade.

Back