What you think about this Brew ?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Majed41

Reaction score
i'm brewing a belgium style beer called "Tripel Terror"

https://brewferm.com/collections/br...rew-mixes/products/triple-terror-homebrew-mix
i followed all the kit instruction and i ended up with 1.064 OG . according to the kit fermentation should be finish @ 1.008 Gravity . but after 8 days and my SG is 1.003 and from what i see from the bucket the fermentation bubbles still going as normal so that's mean it haven't done yet and i don't know how low this will go

is this normal for such beer style ? what i should expect from this beer with this low gravity ?

Triples are pretty dry but they have the impression that they are not quite as dry as they actually are. Just because there are still bubbles rising doesn’t mean that active fermentation is still happening, it could just be off gassing.

What yeast did you use? I think these extracts call for some sugar additions, right? If it’s too dry for you this time, you can try a different yeast next time or use powdered maltodextrin in place of part of the sugar addition.

Triples are pretty dry but they have the impression that they are not quite as dry as they actually are. Just because there are still bubbles rising doesn’t mean that active fermentation is still happening, it could just be off gassing.

What yeast did you use? I think these extracts call for some sugar additions, right? If it’s too dry for you this time, you can try a different yeast next time or use powdered maltodextrin in place of part of the sugar addition.

Thanks . i used the yeast come with the kit . i don't think it has a brand name . it's just a white sachet with word Yeast .
yes they call for table sugar but instead i used Priming Sugar . i think the fermentation still active as my Tilt device shows now SG as 1.002

IMO priming sugar is always better that using table sugar. Table sugar tends to leave you with a hard cider flavor, because its a sweeter sugar. I would let it sit for two weeks, then bottle. ( Or keg) This will give the yeast plenty of time to eat up any byproducts that can cause off flavors in the beer. Hope this helps.

i think the fermentation still active as my Tilt device shows now SG as 1.002

Tilt hydrometers measurements are not precise due to krausen and bubbles attaching to them during fermentation. They are very helpful for determine when fermentation has ended as there will be no more changes in FG as well as when to dry hop or spund. More than likely the beer is not at 1.003 but somewhat higher. Just be patient and when FG is stable over 3-5 days it will be time to package and a precise FG can be taken with a floating hydrometer.

Back