What would you do with $300?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sieglere

Reaction score
So I won a prize of $300. Turns out if they give me cash, they're going to take taxes out before giving me the money. They have offered to buy me something worth $300 instead.

So I'll put it to you guys. What would you get with $300?

Depends. If it was won at a raffle for a charity, I'd give it back to the charity for just a measly 300 bucks.

If it has to be one thing, then look into upgrading your brewpot? Possibly a 15-20G stainless kettle with fittings. An upgraded chiller, maybe?

I think I have all the brewing equipment I need (though hookers and blow do make brewing more....zesty), but I'm open to suggestions. I don't really have much more than what you'll find in a starter kit except the following items:

Home made stir plate, 2 extra fermenters, 2L flask, and an old dorm fridge for lagering. I have an extract/partial mash setup

*Edit: after reading this list, I realize its a bit more than what you'd find in a starter kit :p

pumps (i personally have us solar and love 'em), 15.5 gal sanke kegs (empty), freezer to convert to a keezer

How much are they going to take out for taxes? If it's a lot then I would have them get me a LHBS gift card. Personally I would get into kegging.

Latest posts

Back