What would this give me?!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phenders

Reaction score
I was gonna do a SMaSH with Maria Otter (9lbs) and Saaz (2oz) but I have a little carapils, special B, and English crystal malt. If I added about 8 ounces of the English crystal and catapult and 4 ounces of the special B would that wind up funky? Thanks!:ban:

Sounds like you'll be on your way to making an English/Czech Hybrid Bitter, but I think the bigger question is what kind of yeast will you use?

I have us-05 ready to go. I usually have dry yeast on hand because I don’t have many chances to brew so I can’t keep liquid with out fear of it going bad before I get to it.

I have us-05 ready to go. I usually have dry yeast on hand because I don’t have many chances to brew so I can’t keep liquid with out fear of it going bad before I get to it.

Make it an English/American/Czech hybrid bitter then! Sounds good to me, I'd probably shoot for 30-50 IBU with a 60 min and 10 min addition, maybe back off the dry hop and let the malt shine.

Back