what went wrong?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JeepDiver

Reaction score
I pitched the yeast in my apfelwine 2.5 hours ago and there are no signs of fermentation. Worse than that I pitched on my sasion 8 hours ago and it isn't doing anything. To top that off I opened a tommy knocker sasion and it was kinda sour and a little funky. However I only thout it was funky until I started drinking my New Belgium/Lost Annum Brett beer. It taste like some one dunked a mule in the wort.

Should I give up not only making but also drinking beer.

Any one going to help me? I just finished a Tank 7 and I think the added a horse blanket to the fermenter. At least I have a jolly pumpkin left, those are suppose to good aren't they?

Every so often when my beers all start tasting funky, I totally overhaul the brewery. Scrub and sterilize all the glass and stainless, and replace all the plastic.

I added all the hops for my Pliny clone at the beginning of the 90 min boil. Longer hop contact = better hop utilization = hop awesome-ness right? I can't wait to try this beer.

Latest posts

Back