What to make?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trigger_andy

Reaction score
Hey all,

Money's a little tight right now but I have 2kg of Carrapills, 2kg of pale Crystal Malt and 2kg of Crystal Malt. Any suggestions what I could do with it?

Andy

Thanks for the reply! :D

If I was to get some base malt what would you suggest in brew to make best use of what I already have?

Andy

Well the Carapils goes in anything, and I don't really know what "Pale Crystal Malt" is, and it depends on what the Lovibond rating of the Crystal Malt is.

But yeah, the first thing you should "make" is a recipe, the second thing you should "make" is a trip to the LHBS for some LME/DME/2-row.

Thanks for the reply! :D

If I was to get some base malt what would you suggest in brew to make best use of what I already have?

Andy

If the general advise to keep the crystal to ~10% or less of the grain bill* is taken (with exceptions that might push that to ~15%) you'd need quite a bit of base malt to use up ~13 pounds of what's mostly dextrins...

Cheers!

[* I actually find going much about 5% starts to get cloying but that could be me]

Back