What to list my setup for

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hedbutter

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I'm looking to take a hiatus in brewing, as we are looking to move in the next year, and I haven't used my equipment for about a year. I have no clue what to price my setup as, but I plan to sell almost everything, as I will be going full electric and jacketed fermenters in the new place (if i get back into it). I was thinking of listing it for $2500, but no idea if thats reasonable or not and wanted to get thoughts before listing it. If this isnt the right place, please let me know!

Grain:
Grainmill with Hopper
8 foodgrade, 5 gallon buckets with airtight twist off lids

Brewing:
Made from Strut with 3 Blichmann burners
15 Gallon BK, HLT, MT (Includes False Bottom), all "Tall Boy Kettles"
2 Stainless Chugger Pumps
Copper Wort Chiller with hose attachment
Tubing for all connections

Fermenting:
3 Brew Jacket Immersion pros with insulation bag
Starter kit with two 2Liter flaks and three 1liter flasks
Big Mouth Bubblers- two 6-Gallon, one 7-Gallon
Two 5 Gallon Glass Ferms

Bottling/Kegging:
12 Ball Lock kegs that hold pressure
2 Ball Lock kegs that need something (posts or seals/springs/etc)
Blichmann Beer Gun
Bottle Dryer

Misc:
Chemicals
Stainless Steel Bowls
2 padels
Wine thief
Misc kegging/bottling parts
Chemicals

Picture of the stand before mounting the pumps
1488057039759-jpg.390446

I see similar setups around here on craigslist and offerup for about $1500-$2000. And the listings stay for weeks, sometimes months, at a time. On paper, and at retail, your stuff is probably worth more than what you're planning on asking, but be prepared to be lowballed beyond belief; not to mention people that will not want the whole setup but just parts of it. Or want you to ship it to Timbuktu for cheap. You might get lucky.

I see similar setups around here on craigslist and offerup for about $1500-$2000. And the listings stay for weeks, sometimes months, at a time. On paper, and at retail, your stuff is probably worth more than what you're planning on asking, but be prepared to be lowballed beyond belief; not to mention people that will not want the whole setup but just parts of it. Or want you to ship it to Timbuktu for cheap. You might get lucky.

Yeah- I was thinking of offering it all at one price, and then figuring out what i would split (stand and pumps together, kettles all together, kegs separate, fermenters separate, etc)

Latest posts

Back