what to do with sixtel sanke kegs?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tedzap

Reaction score
I have several "sextel" sanke barrels laying around and was planning to swap them for 1/2 barrel kegs. It seems there are lots of neat things to make from 1/2 barrels.

Before I do I thought I would see if there was any DIY projects that call for the smaller kegs.

Possibly relevant:

I am just getting back into brewing, and will be making 5 gallon all-grain batches with a Grainfather.

I have a TIG welder and can do sanitary welds.

Thanks!

I have been planning to use corny kegs for my homebrews, I have a source for them locally.

How difficult is it to clean and fill them? Have never messed with a sanke valve, other than to watch youtube's of people making kettles/distillers.

I have been planning to use corny kegs for my homebrews, I have a source for them locally.

How difficult is it to clean and fill them? Have never messed with a sanke valve, other than to watch youtube's of people making kettles/distillers.

There is a tool that you use to pull the spear if you want to be able to look into the kegs for a quick inspection. You should also be able to find DIYs for keg washers. For filling, you can just pull the check valves out of a sanke disconnect.

If i were to start over now, I'd use sixtels instead of cornys. I've given some thought to getting rid of my cornys and switching.

I came across this video from Bobby from Brewhardware.. Could make Sankey kegs useful for Home Brews: [ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0aNGTxJa_UA[/ame]

Back