What to do with a Mr.Beer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jacobyhale

Reaction score
I recently purchased a ton of bottles and a capper off of craigslist, and the guy threw in a Mr.Beer fermentor thing with it. Is there anything useful that I can do with it? I don't want to just throw it away, then find out it makes an awesome gadget of some sort.

Set it up for use by a friend who might be on the fence about getting into homebrew. I read quite a few posts from guys here who started with a Mr. Beer and moved on to AG in a short time. Tell them to do the same when they're done with the Mr. Beer.

On the other hand, you can use it for experimenting on smaller batches. Those things are like what, 2.5 gallons? Use it as a primary for tweaking recipes for Apfelwein?

+1 to all of these ideas....maybe use it for making starters/harvesting cakes???? You could easily decant yeast with that spigot....

A-B testing. Make a brew and then do seperate yeasts, seperate dryhops, etc. Or make small batches of mead or experimental wines.

Latest posts

Back