What to do. What to do

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

No1ukno

Reaction score
So brewed a ipa a week ago and am transferring on friday for dry hopping and freeing up fermentor. I'm making a apa on sat and will be using same yeast Wyeast 1272. I have washed yeast before but always have refigerated and decanted and made a starter. My question is should I wash yeast fryday try to refrigerate overnight and pitch 180 ml of slurry (mr.malty) or just buy new pack. I don't know if overnight will settle the yeast out.

I would just pour out what mr malty says for your beer, and just put it right in without rinsing it, ive done it quite a few times, 180ml sound like enough for a 10 gallon batch.

Its for 5.5 gallons os 1.045 I moved their slider for thin or thick to almost all the way down thin since it would be pretty thin right?

No need to buy another pack.
Rinse as normal or even just pitch the slurry as per Mr Malty.

Ok thanks guys I will pitch the slurry just seems crazy that I used a 2l starter for the ipa to bring cell count up and there is nearly same amount of cells in 180 ml of slurry. Def will add nutrient to it.

i think i heard a brewstrong episode of him sayin the stock settings are for unwashed slurry, from racking and leaving a half inch or so of beer so u get get it back into suspention. He talked about how much time he spent on those settings, and whenever i use slurry i dont wash it and go by those settings and its always bin good. Its usually 100mls per batch

Awsome not to worried I know it would be fine just trying to refine my process a little with proper pitch rates. Thanks to all

Latest posts

Back