What to Buy with Santa's Money

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZenFitness

Reaction score
I received a $500 gift certificate for my LHBS plus another $200 cash last night. This morning I'm mulling over the options for taking advantage of these generous gifts.

I already have an AG setup with a cooler MLT and another cooler for sparge water plus a brew pot that is a 15 gallon deep turkey fryer. I have a fermentation fridge as well.

The two things I don't have are a kegging setup and an O2 wand, so I'm debating these two things.

Does anyone have any other recommendations? If I go with a kegging system, I've also got to figure out how to chill and serve them as I don't have a keg fridge or much space for one. Thus, any creative thoughts in this area are appreciated as well!

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Home Brew mobile app

I would absolutely get a craigslist fridge and a keg setup. Merry Christmas and what a generous gift!

Nice. Santa was kind to you. Definitely get the O2 wand. Fridge would be good. You'll still have plenty of $$ left over.

My score of brew cash was a bit more modest, but enough to get me the Blichmann burner I've been eyeballing. The old Bayou Classic (which works great) will be relegated to sparge water duty.

You could get a small fridge big enough for one keg, get the one keg setup with picnic tap, and the oxygen wand for what you've got. Congrats!

i would go with the keg setup and CL fridge...I didn't get that much $ but I did get enough to finish some of the things I was putting together and the wife bought me a refractometer for Christmas...:)

the O2 wand should b pretty cheap.
I would think parts and pieces for kegging rig and that would be good with the GC, and any left for ingredients.
The cash will go a good way to a fridge or chest freezer for kegorator. You may need to chip in some yourself.

2 best things for brewing beer are fermentation control and water.
O2 setup and stir plate are nice also.

Then of course there is the serving aspect and kegging....

Get a RO/DI setup and make a kegerator.

thanks Kevin

If you do not have a grain mill buy one so you can purchase malt in bulk. If you have a mill get set up for kegging. A keg set up was my best homebrew investment yet. No more bottling unless it is voluntary :) It takes minimal effort to clean and sanitize one keg vs 1-2 hours to clean and sanitize bottles + an additional hour or more to fill and cap the bottles. BTW it takes less than 4 minutes to go from primary to a cleaned sanitized keg with a large auto siphon. :rockin:

Back