What the *** Was That!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TexasDroughtBrewery

Reaction score
So, I primary keg all of my beers just in general but something I know that needs to age for an extended amount of time or a stye I like but don't necessary drink very fast I will put them in bottles....With that being said...

Ive been drinking a batch of Cider I made thats 13 months old now. Ive been slowly sipping on them to see how much better it gets after aging....well I figured its been over a year I'll just toss the last 5 of them in the fridge and drink them up. When I drink my bottled homebrew like most I pour it in a glass leaving the sediment at the bottom and all that jazz...well this cider when being poured dumped out a large hair, moldy, solid black thing....I was disgusted!!! I am so glad that I don't drink them from the bottle straight.. WHAT WAS THAT?

I got scared and dumped the other 4 bottles out and didn't drink them I felt so bad they have been sitting there aging to perfection and I over reacted im sure. Was that bottle not cleaned but the other...30 or so bottles were? Is that what a bottle infection looks like..could I have possibly had a bottle bomb on my hands and just missed the mark..I just felt good about kegging my beers at that moment lol.

Latest posts

Back