What temp should is best to store homebrews

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SmokeyMcBong

Reaction score
Hi,

After the 3 or so weeks of bottle conditioning and its fully carbonated, can I just throw them all in a beer fridge for consumption or is it better to leave them at room temp and refrigerate as needed? I've been just cooling as needed but I have a beer fridge and it would be easier to just put all the brews in the fridge as soon as they are carb'ed. Any problem with basically "lagering" everything?

Thanks.

Edit: just read the title, wow was that a fail.

if you're happy with the taste, put them in the fridge. i think of the fridge as a bit of a flavor lock. if you feel like you want it to come together a bit more, leaving the beer at room temperature helps.

+1
I guess it depends on what you brewed. If it's something pretty big I'd generally let it age at room temp for a while and refrigerate as needed.
If it's something on the lighter side I don't think there's be much of a benefit from keeping it at room temp after it's carbonated

It's also worth noting that hop aroma tends to fade over time, so if that's something that's prominent in your beer I'd consider that too.

Last edited:
Back