What software is recommended?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moody_Copperpot

Reaction score
I just downloaded the trial of beersmith and it’s good, but it’s lacking some of the things I was hoping for. A buddy of mine has an app on his ipod called brewpal or something like that where it gives you the proper volumes per pound of grain and all of that. I know that I can calculate myself that it’s 1.25-1.5quarts per pound of grain, but his software also has a recipe builder. Maybe I missed it, but I didn’t see one on beeersmith. I use hopville currently, but I was hoping for a one-stop-shop type of deal with beersmith since I’ve heard so much about it. Am I missing something? Are there better programs out there?

This topic is like...

beating_a_dead_horse.jpg

There are three or four threads here on the first page of this subforum that are nearly the same. Check out a few of those, and if you still have questions, feel free to ask. :)

But yes, BeerSmith has a recipe editor.

Sorry, I do see a TON of these posts. I did find the recipe builder. I like somethings about it, but it seems like Hopville's recipe builder has much more comprehensive list of ingredients, I also like the meter from malty sweet to hoppy bitter on the hopville site more. The recipe builder on beersmith is nice though because it takes way less time to make changes.

Back