What should my next purchase be

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deflagratio

Reaction score
So SWMBO went shopping today and now I have permission to spend some money buying some new equipment. The problem is I can't decide what to get. This is where you guys come in. Please help me make this decision. The basic rule is that I can get away with around $200. I already have a fermentation chamber, burner, a 7.5 gallon aluminum fryer kettle, 5 gallon stainless steel kettle, an a 25ft immersion chiller. I was thinking about getting a bigger kettle with sight glass, thermometer, and ball valve (I have my eye on the Penrose Kettle and some weldless fittings) but I'm going to be doing 5 gallon batches for the foreseeable future and my immersion chiller barely fits in my 7 gallon kettle. I was also considering some kind of mash tun and using the 5 gallon kettle as a HLT and the 7.5 gallon kettle for boiling. I've been been looking for kegs but there aren't any in my area so a keggle is a no go. Anyone have any ideas and what I should buy?

I'd suggest a grain mill. That way you can buy your base grains in bulk and realize future savings that can go back into your brewery.

Or a kegging setup is nice too. Keep an eye on craigslist and you should have plenty $ to get started.

Good luck!

Won't find much kegging setups for sale in your area as I believe it's illegal.............Grain mill, or larger kettle that is a small pot to boil if your AG............PS not trying to be a beer Nazi, pointing out what I saw as obvious............my.02

My last upgrade was a grain mill, and a couple sacks of grain. That'd be my vote. Duel savings: cheaper grain, use less grain (higher efficiency).

Kegging was something I was looking to get into into around December but considering I've been putting off bottling a batch for about a week now I might just go on ahead and do that. Send me a pm Shelly_Belly and we'll talk.

Latest posts

Back