What should I do in Denver?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ja09

Reaction score
Staying downtown Denver this Wed (7/9) at the Oxford Hotel. Been to CO many times but never dt Denver so I'm pumped. Anyone have any suggestions of what restaurants, breweries, liquor stores, etc to visit? I picked the hotel because it looked like it was in a good spot for walking.

Thinking about getting dinner & drinks at Falling Rock Taphouse then walking to some of the taprooms but don't know which ones. Definitely going to check out Crooked Stave at some point too. Also staying 2 days in Silverthorne. All suggestions are greatly appreciated! :mug:

I've never been to Denver, but I just saw an episode of Beer Geeks on tv. They were at Great Divide Brewing in downtown Denver. It looked like a pretty interesting place with quite a few good beers, The don't have a kitchen, but have rotating food trucks that park in front of the brewery.

Great Divide is awesome- my favorite is Denver Beer Co though- only a few blocks away. Go hit a Rockies game, but definitely DON'T MISS:

FALLING ROCK TAPHOUSE

They get Russian River- pretty much always have Pliny on tap- sometimes have Blind Pig- you can also get several of the Green Flash brews here. It's a little spendy- but you pay for their excellent selection.

Falling Rock all day long! Great selection of local (and non-local) beer, good greasy bar food, and a great "beer geek" atmosphere.

I think there's a Breckenridge location right near there, and Wynkoop as well. If you're into coin-op video games and pinball, right next to Falling Rock is a bar called 1-Up that offers that and has a halfway decent beer selection.

Denver is great. At this point, if I was picking somewhere other than SoCal to live, it would either be the Bay Area or Denver.

Check Fermentedly Challenged for any and all special events going on in CO daily.

Wynkoop Brewing Co is the closest brewery to the Oxford. Great place to try some handpump pulled English style ales. The Mile HiPA is also pretty good.

Freshcraft is also within stumbling distance. They don't have quite as large selection as Falling Rock does but they do have some very excellent local brews to choose from. Their tap list is here.

All of the aforementioned, plus go to Prost, Denver Beer Co., Station 26 is pretty cool. If you can get to a Stranahan's tour- their whisky is awesome. I think the steak and fries at Wynkoop is great.

Awesome. Thanks for all the suggestions. Since we're walking, thinking the plan might be checking in at Oxford, then Wynkoop for a beer, then Falling Rock for dinner/drinks, then Breckenridge, then Great Divide. Do any taprooms allow outside bottles/sharing? Thought it could be fun to bring some rare midwest beers.

Also, any good liquor stores I should know about?

Toke till ya choke Bro!

Haha almost forgot. I'm all ears if you have a suggestion for a good shop to visit :cross:

Crooked stave is a mile and half up the street in the source building. Definitely an experience if you have time and are down for a hike. DANK is a good place for the greens may be somewhere closer though. DANK is really the only place I have been to though and can speak for.

Station 26 is pretty cool[/QUOTE ]:D

Do any taprooms allow outside bottles/sharing?

It is frowned upon in most tap rooms and illegal in breweries in the state of CO.

Check out the menus before you go. Falling Rock is mostly standard bar food.

Freshcraft is a bit more upscale. For something very unique and CO only, look into Euclid Hall. Not too far from where you are staying but in the opposite direction from Falling Rock.

Mr. B's liquor is right across the street form Coors Field.

Enjoying a crooked stave surette at Falling rock. Damn this beer is good

1404946322679.jpg

Back