What should I brew next?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which beers. These are just general categories

• Pilsner or Other Lager

• IPA

• Stout or Porter

• Rauchbier

• Amber

• English Variant

• Bock

• Belgian

• Wheat

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

Bowtiebrewery

Reaction score
Its been a long while since I brewed (mostly because I brewed way too much and can't drink it all)

I've got a few days off coming up at the end of the month. Taking suggestions on what I should brew. The only beers that I will definitely not brew are lambics and sours. I don't have a dedicated separate fermenting area for that.

Post it in the Poll and that is what I'll brew.

Belgian beers smell fantastic while they ferment :) and neighbors and significant others like them too

I meant to vote "Bock," but got a little click-happy and "Amber" was the one that came up. :confused:

Please adjust -1 for Amber and +1 for Bock.... :mug:

I've got two Belgians and an amber lager fermenting right now.
If I were low on beer, I'd brew a recipe that I've made before and love.
If I had plenty, I would branch out and try something that I have not made, but found interesting. But always in a style that I can taste commercially to be sure I like it. Another option is to brew something big to age for next winter.

^^^ Plenty of beer so I think I'd branch out. I have not made an imperial Stout in a very long time. Its been almost 10 years since I made a barleywine as well.

I always end up listening to old pod casts from the Jamil Show but figured I would open it up to the community this time. A gigantic RIS, or a Belgian Strong would be a neat brew to do. I sometimes just get so bored with my regular brews that I forget to try and challenge myself with something different.

To be 100% honest, I'm not a fan of most Belgian beers. I know. I know. Open your mind grasshopper! But maybe this is the kick in the pants to try something and really own it.

So it looks like Belgian is the winner as of today. My brew day will likely be the 26th or 27th. So now to decide what kind of Belgian to make.

Back