what should i be brewing now???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrfurlly

Reaction score
I know the obvious answer is 'whatever you like to drink'... Im basically up in the air between starting a christmas brew (or any wintery brew), starting something with an autumn feel to it??? or rushing out another light brew. whats everyone else brewing right now? i just put an ipa on gas tonight, so something other than that:mug:

I have a lot of bigger beers leftover from last season. I don't tend to drink very many stouts, browns, and porters during the summer, so I've got plenty of them. I might brew one more big Russian Stout so it'll be ready around december. Other than that, I'm going to be doing a lot of lagers this winter to get ready for next summer.

Depending on the Christmas brew, you might want to go ahead and make it so it has a few months to condition. I just brewed my Kentucky Common and I will be brewing my Extra Stout this week.

Do you have Halloween/Thanksgiving covered with a Pumpkin ale?

What about Octoberfest?

I enjoy autumn very much and like beers that keep ya warm but don't weigh ya down. I have a smoky ruby porter ready, and am planning my next one. Maybe a Scottish ale. I like the simplicity in this style described in Designing great beers, with few ingredients, good technique, and key conditions, badass beer will result.

I like to keep IPA around year round, so it's always being brewed. I have an Imperial Stout, a Barleywine, and a huge Apfelwein aging that should be ready around Christmas. Also have a cider and an ESB fermenting and will be brewing a porter and a dunkelweizen next.

Back