What settings for A419

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CrawGator

Reaction score
Howdy folks,

I have my Johnson temp controller wired up and installed. Anyone care to share what they have their settings on? I am using the defaults for all but ASD and Differential.

ASD is 5
DIFF is 3

This is my first time to use it and I have the probe taped to my fermenter with a cotton towel folded and taped over the probe. I am attempting to cold ferment a Oktoberfest. I need to drop the temps by 1 degree an hour till it reaches 50.

Howdy folks,

I have my Johnson temp controller wired up and installed. Anyone care to share what they have their settings on? I am using the defaults for all but ASD and Differential.

ASD is 5
DIFF is 3

This is my first time to use it and I have the probe taped to my fermenter with a cotton towel folded and taped over the probe. I am attempting to cold ferment a Oktoberfest. I need to drop the temps by 1 degree an hour till it reaches 50.

Factory defaults are cooling mode the default operation is called cut-in. The controller will energize the relay at the set point and de-energize the relay at the set point minus the differential. So in your case the default operation would be to turn on cooling equipment at the set point and it would run until it was 3 degrees cooler than the set point then shut down.

The Anti Short cycle Delay of 5 means the relay will not energize until 5 minutes has passed since last shut off even if the temperature is at or above the set point.

Cooling or heating modes, cut in and cut out choices are controlled by jumpers in the unit.

Hope this helps...

As long as you keep your ASD at 5, you can probably drop the DIFF to 2. If you leave it set on cut in, a Setpoint of 60 will turn the compressor on at 60 or higher and run to 58. I wouldn't obsess about the 1F per hour thing. Just walk over every once in a while and tap the set temp a few degrees lower until you get to 52F.

Back