What regulator to buy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dfitz

Reaction score
I've been looking at a lot of different brands of regulators lately as I plan to set up 3 kegs in my beer fridge. What are the higher quality regulators offering a more reliable setting/reading. At the moment I'm using a cheaper oxygen regulator that seems to rise after setting. I want to avoid buying a unreliable set of regulators. I do plan on stouts but I'm not 100% sold on nitrogen yet

I have been using a dual body Taprite on my Co2 tank and a 4 way Taprite in my keezer for the last 6 months and have had no issues. As far as I can remember Taprite is the middle of the road for regulators.

Taprite are my personal favorite. They're moderately priced, but the quality is very high.

If you get one with the big red knob (or knobs), they are extremely easy to dial in too.

Their customer service I hear is second to none as well. I've never had to call, and I've been rockin' Taprites for years. I trust them wholeheartedly.

:mug:

Another satisfied Taprite customer here.

Definitely get the dual (or even triple) body. That way you can have an ESB at 10 psi and a hefeweizen at 15, or a beer at 12 psi and a soda at 30.

Latest posts

Back